There is a lot of talk going on concerning sex. Sex is in just about every publication, advertisement, television show, and movie. It is the theme of numerous songs and music pieces. The world we live in has gotten laidback with sex, making it seem like premarital sex is acceptable because it looks and feels good. However the Bible disagrees in the strongest sense.
The Bible places specific boundaries around sexual acts for protection. Sexual acts committed outside these boundaries are labelled as sexual immorality (Greek "porneia"). Premarital sex (the name referred to by Bible scholars) falls within this category of sexual immorality, although not mention as such in the Bible. Other sexual acts falling within the category of sexual immorality also called sexual perversions are:
- Adultery - Sex outside of marriage where one of the sexual partners is married.
- Sexual Idolatry - temple prostitutes for pagan fertility goddess worship. Sex used as a form of worship.
- Pederasty - The practice of pederasty falls into three distinct styles. (1) the relationship between an older man and a young boy, (2) the practice of slave prostitutes, (3) the effeminate "call boy" or male prostitute. Other practices included a heterosexual male degrading another heterosexual male by anal intercourse after capturing them in battle.
- Homosexuality - a man or woman who engages in sexual activity with another member of the same sex. Such activity usually leads to an orgasmic experience. A lesbian is a female homosexual. She usually brings her female partner to sexual climax by manipulation of the clitoris with either her finger or tongue. Latent homosexuality is the cruel and harmful term (attributed to Sigmund Freud) suggesting that some people are born with homosexual tendencies.
- Paedophilia - involves reoccurring sexual arousal and desires or fantasies involving sexual impulses toward a pre-adolescent child or children. The paedophile must be above age 16, and the sexual attraction must involve a child of age 13 or younger who is at least 5 years younger than the adult. A paedophile has either acted on these sexual impulses, or the fantasies and /or sexual arousal and impulses disturb the individual. The paedophile is sexually aroused because the child is a child, regardless of the paedophile’s sexual orientation, or the child's gender. Different types include fixated, regressed, cross-sex, same-sex, and female paedophilia.
- Sadomasochism - is the giving or receiving of pleasure, often sexual, from acts involving the infliction or reception of pain or humiliation. Practitioners of sadomasochism usually seek out sexual gratification from these acts, but often seek out other forms of pleasure as well. A sadist refers to one who enjoys giving pain and a masochist refers to one who enjoys receiving pain.
- Beastiallity (Bestiallity) – sex with animals
- Prostitution – sex for money
- Fornication – The English word "fornication" means:
- to have sex with someone who you are not married to (Freesearch Dictionary)
- sexual intercourse that is "illicit", outside of marriage. (Medical Dictionary)
- sexual intercourse between a man and woman who are not married to each other. (Law Dictionary)
- "consensual sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other" (Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)
- sexual intercourse between partners who are not married to each other.
- When Bible translations, Bible commentaries, etc., use the English word "fornication," the primary meaning of this word is voluntary sex between an unmarried man and an unmarried woman. The word "fornication" has had the basic meaning of "prostitution, premarital sex" since the 1300's (which was before the KJV was written in 1611).
- Fornication is the word which many Bible scholars use for translating the Greek word porneia into English when the Scriptural context is describing pre-marital sex. According to various Greek dictionaries and Bible commentaries, this is what the Greek word porneia means:
- harlotry (including adultery and incest); figuratively idolatry; fornication. (Strong's Greek Dictionary)
- 1) illicit sexual intercourse
- 1a) adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, intercourse with animals etc.
- 1b) sexual intercourse with close relatives (Leviticus 18);
- 1c) sexual intercourse with a divorced man or woman (Mark 10:11,Mark 10:12);
- 2) metaphorically the worship of idols
- 2a) of the defilement of idolatry, as incurred by eating the sacrifices offered to idols (Thayer's Greek Dictionary)
- porneia: Fornication, lewdness, or any sexual sin
- In every form, fornication was sternly condemned by the Mosaic law among God's people, the Israelites (Leviticus 21:9; 19:29; Deuteronomy 22:20-11, 23-29; 23:18; Exodus 22:16). Fornication is also mentioned many times in the New Testament (Matthew 5:32; 19:9; John 8:41; Acts 15:20, 29; 21:25; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6:13, 18, 7:2; 10:8; 2 Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians. 4:3; Jude 1:7; Revelation 2:14, 20-21; 9:21; 14:8; 17:2,4).
- The Greek word for fornication (porneia) could include any sexual sin committed after the betrothal contract. In Biblical usage, fornication can mean any sexual congress outside monogamous marriage. It thus includes not only premarital sex, but also adultery, homosexual acts, incest, re-marriage after un-Biblical divorce, and sexual acts with animals, all of which are explicitly forbidden in the law as given through Moses (Leviticus 20:10-21). Christ expanded the prohibition against adultery to include even sexual lusting (Matthew 5:28). The word fornication is sometimes used in a symbolic sense in the Bible, for example, meaning a forsaking of God or a following after idols (Isaiah. 1:2; Jeremiah. 2:20; Ezekiel. 16; Hos. 1:2; 2:1-5; Jeremiah 3:8-9). (christiananswers.net)
So depending on the context, the Greek word porneia can mean adultery, incest, prostitution, idolatry, etc., but the important point here is that porneia also means fornication (premarital sex) as in the following example (1 Corinthians 7:1-2, KJV):
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication [porneia], let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
Sex is a Good Thing
Let's start with how God defines marriage in Genesis:
Genesis 2:24 - "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." (NASB)
Genesis 1: 27-28 – “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number;” (NIV)
This cannot be clearer. It states "wife" (single) not wives. It says one man and one woman. That is the Biblical definition of marriage.
God is the originator and creator of sex. He created man and woman to rule and multiply, therefore to bring forth babies. Sex is not only for procreation but also a way for a husband and wife to express their love for one another. God created sex to be a beautiful and pleasurable expression of love within marriage - only between a married man and woman.
Proverbs 5:18-19 – “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer — may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.” (NIV)
Song of Songs 7:6 – “How beautiful you are and how pleasing, O love, with your delights!” (NIV)
1 Corinthians 6:13 – “The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.” (NIV)
What the Bible says about Sexual Immorality
The people of God obey the precepts and statutes of the Bible because they have been justified as children of God. They do not obey the precepts and statutes of the Bible in order to be justified. Satan, as God’s ultimate enemy, knows how much God values marriage and sex within marriage therefore it has become one of his foremost targets to destroy marriage. He does this through the disgrace and defilement of the marriage bed by using premarital sex in one of two ways: (1) to cause adultery and/or (2) to give legal rights away before marriage and then destroys the marriage in the end using this legal right.
The Bible warns:
- Looking on a woman lustfully is adulterous. (Matthew 5:27-28):
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart"
- Put to death sexual immorality. (Colossians 3:5-7):
"Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived"
- Sexual sins come from the heart. (Matthew 115:19-20):
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man ‘unclean’; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him ‘unclean'"
- Sexual immorality, including premarital sex (fornication), is described in detail as sin against God and your body, the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:12-20).
"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
- The sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10):
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"
- Homosexuality is a sin. Whenever the Lord Jesus Christ talks about human sexuality He uses the original creation of man as a point of reference. (Matthews 19:4)
“Haven't you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female”. God makes it clear that homosexuality is so serious that it warrants the maximum penalty: Leviticus 20:13 states “If a man lies with a male as if he were a woman, both men have committed an offence (something perverse, unnatural, abhorrent, and detestable); they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
Sex is Good, but Premarital Sex is Not
Numerous counselling sessions have uncovered that when a person has premarital sex, it creates a false expectation and an unquenchable thirst in the soul of that person that was never intended to be there in the first place. This thirst or hunger cannot be filled or satisfied by anything, under no circumstances. It results in many to seek fulfilment in darker sexual immoralities such as pornography and even bestiality, slowly drawing in it’s victim to the point of no-return. It is mostly this thirst or hunger, no matter how big or small that will destroy a marriage should the relationship ends up in one - sometimes even 25 years down the line. This explains why numerous researches are finding that couples who live together have a higher rate of divorce than those who don’t cohabit before marrying . And then we do not even mention the strings of lives that are hurt, sometimes even destroyed, during the process of divorce. Premarital sex has “warning!-do-not-touch” written all over it and it is good for nothing except for feeding the fleshly desires which the Bible’s instructs us to flee from (1 Corinthians 6:12).
No wonder that God condemns sexual immorality:
"We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did--and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died." (1 Corinthians 10:8)
"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." (Hebrews 13:4)
God has a strong view of any kind of immorality, therefore as children of God we should aim towards purity and holiness. The apostle Paul said that the Church will be presented to Christ as a pure virgin bride:
"I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him." (2 Corinthians 11:2)
This indicates that purity and virginity are highly valued to God before entering into marriage. Premarital sex takes away that purity and virginity. Should single/unmarried people be unable to control their sexual desires then they should get married according to Paul (1 Corinthians 7:8-9):
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion [literally, "be inflamed (with anger, grief, lust)" - see Strong's Greek Dictionary]."
Therefore if single/unmarried people are not able to be celibate (as Paul was) and they find themselves burning with sexual desire, then they should get married in order to avoid committing any sexual sins. God calls us all to control our passions and wait for marriage .
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman [or, "It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman," according to the NIV footnote]. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." (1 Corinthians 7:1-2, KJV)
Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.” (NIV)
1 Thessalonians 4:2-8 - For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to acquire a wife in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this manner no one should cheat his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
The preceding passage states "Acquire a wife in a way that is holy and honorable" or you are in sexual immorality. Sexual sin harms others besides those who engage in it. In adultery, the spouse is always wronged. Premarital sex "cheats" the future partner by robbing him or her of the virginity that ought to be brought to marriage. Premarital sex isn't an option for dealing with lust. It's either marriage or you are in sexual sin. It is a sin in God’s eyes for the very reason why people should get married and that is to avoid fornication. It sounds harsh but it takes only one act of premarital sex to give Satan a foothold in one’s life and marriage. Satan never forgets a sin committed through which he gets an open door into a person’s life, spiritual growth and relationships. He is ruthless and the day of claiming that right will come. Even if it is 40 years or 400 years down the line. You will never know when he will come knocking on the door.
Why did Some People in the Old Testament Have Many Wives?
Monogamy is the practice of each person having only one spouse.
Polygamy (a Greek word meaning "the practice of multiple marriage") can be defined as any "form of marriage in which a person [has] more than one spouse." In social anthropology polygamy is the practice of being married to more than one spouse at the same time. The Bible indicates that polygyny (one man having more than one wife) was practiced by the ancient Hebrews. Though the institution was not extremely common it was not particularly unusual and was certainly not prohibited or discouraged by the Bible. The Bible mentions approximately forty polygamists, including such prominent figures as Abraham, Jacob, Esau, Moses, David and King Solomon, with little or no further remark on their polygyny as such.
Throughout most of the Old Testament there was a tribal civilization. Most of those who were called a "king" only ruled over a small area, usually just a city. Just as we see in many parts of the world today, trust and relationships were established through family ties.
To establish friendly relationships with other kings and powerful people, rulers married the daughters of those they wished to be on good terms with or form alliances with, thus bringing them into the family. Solomon had 700 wives and they represented friendly relationships with 700 kingdoms. The culture Solomon lived in required this for Israel to have peaceful relationships with its neighbours. In Solomon's time one of God's objectives was peace. Peace was more important to the growth of God's people than imposing a law prohibiting polygamy. This is a decision God can make. It is part of the progressive revelation one sees in the Bible.
In addition Solomon also had 300 concubines. These women were not there for political reasons, but for Solomon's pleasure. These were all adulterous relationships which are condemned in the Bible. Why did God let Solomon get away with so much adultery? It's the same reason God let's you "get away" with disobeying Him when you for example exceed the speed limit every day as you drive to work. God is full of mercy and love, and He keeps giving us another chance to get it right with Him.
The Sin of Onan
A common lie believed today is that the Bible states: "it is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground.” In actual fact this is a man-made saying.
In the notes of "Dake's Annotated Reference Bible," this is number 26 on a list of 36 quotations mistakenly believed to be in the Bible. To understand why some have supposed this is a Biblical verse, we must consider an old law that required a man to marry his brother's wife if the brother died (Deuteronomy 25:5):
“If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of a husband's brother unto her.”
By doing this, the first child born to this union was considered the dead brother's child (Deuteronomy 25:6):
“And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.”
Centuries before Moses formulated this custom into a written law, however, it was being practiced. A specific example involves the marriage of Onan and Tammar. Tammar's first husband died, and (Genesis 38:8,9):
"Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother"
The fact that Onan "spilled it on the ground," reflects the primitive living conditions at the time. He apparently lived in a cave, tent, or but with dirt floors. We are told that the Lord slew Onan (Genesis 38:10) – a common Old Testament expression when a person died of unknown causes (2 Samuel 6:7, etc.). So, when Onan died, it was said the Lord smote him.
Over the centuries, birth control and masturbation have both been condemned on the basis of this incident. But the careful reader will notice that the sin for which Onan was judged was neither. Onan's act was not masturbation; it was "coitus interruptus." And while this was a form of birth control, we are not told he did not want children. He resented the idea that a child born to this union would not be considered his.
Later, Onan's widow, Tamar, disguised herself, sat by the road, and (Genesis 38:14-16,24):
“When Judah [0nan's father] saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face. And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter-in-law).... And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter-in-law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt.”
What glaring inconsistency: supposing his daughter-in-law had become a whore, Judah wanted her burnt - yet he did not feel it was wrong for him to patronize a whore. When she produced the staff, signet, and bracelets which he had given her, it were evident he was the father-to-be! Twins were born, one of them Pharez, through whom the line of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob was extended on down to David and, ultimately, Jesus (Matthew 1:3; Luke 3:33). Thus, Judah became the head of a tribe of utmost importance in Biblical history: the tribe of Judah, named after him, and perpetuated through incest with his daughter-in-law!
All of this brings us back to the words: "It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground." It is not a Biblical quotation, but we can now see how the saying originated. Judah's son had sexual relations with his wife Tamar, "he spilled it on the ground," and died. But, later, when Tamar played the part of a whore, Judah impregnated her with twins, and was not killed. Thus, someone, somewhere, put together the saying: "It is better to cast your seed in the belly of a whore than to spill it on the ground."
What Legal Right is given to Satan through Premarital Sex?
Premarital sex, as with any other sexual immorality, can influence a person on all three levels: body, soul and spirit. The following can contribute in getting a person involved in premarital sex and other sexual immoralities: the result of abnormal personality development, rejection in the womb, overindulgent mother, cold or distant parent, growing up feeling like a failure, fear of rejection, inability to relate to the opposite sex, feelings of not having any friends, losing relationships, break in the relations bonds within the family producing a lack of a sense belonging/affirmation.
Sexual intimacy "unites" you with the other person. When this uniting of flesh happens outside of marriage, it is called sexual immorality. One fleshness is to be limited to the one you marry (1 Corinthians 6:16-18):
“Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.“
Through this unity a soul tie is created which in the spirit dimension is a “physical cord” that runs between the two sexual partners. It is through this cord that demons and evil spirits pass should any reside in any of the partners. This is one of the reasons why Occultism and Satanism insists on sexual relationships, they can then transfer their demons or evil spirits or grow in strength because of the transference.
Ephesians 5:31 states:
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."
Paul is quoting from Genesis 2:24 and affirming the Old Testament standard of uniting in flesh only with your spouse. One fleshness is to happen when a man leaves his father and mother and is "united to his wife."
Satan torments man a little at a time, step by step, increasing his hold on man, unnoticeable at first. He uses the following progression (the order might differ from person to person) in his evil workings :
- Regression in your relationship with God, man and yourself. To regress in the human personality is to go backward in spiritual force and power. Man is built for progress, advancement and understanding. When this goes into reverse it is the first warning that something is wrong. Sin brings separation between man and God. Sin cause relationships to break down with fellow-men in this case it can be family, friends etc.
- Repression. God desires cheerful communication from us. He wants our eyes to talk and our faces to light up. He made us to express something. It is a bad sign when a person becomes silent and his eyes gaze in a fixed stare. It is a sign of bondage. To repress a person is to destroy the natural expression God gave him at birth. Sin brings with it, shyness, guilt and shame. You will always find that premarital sex is done in the dark, in hiding, without the knowledge of peers or the likes. Although today it seems that society has become de-sensitized to moral standards including living together and premarital sex.
- Suppression. To suppress is to abnormally squeeze down, to crush, to conceal, as to suppress information. It represents another step toward deterioration of emotions and the destruction of complete personal happiness. Suppression comes from without. Suppressed people are not energetic or enthusiastic about anything, they become listless and inactive or passive.
- Depression. A person is pressed down until his spirit is crushed. A process of sinking. Satan takes advantage of those people and moves in with conflict and confusion that will destroy their happiness, homes, businesses and maybe even their lives through suicide. Depression can bring about an abnormal state of inactivity.
- Oppression. To oppress someone is to weigh him down with something he is not able to carry. The Israelites were oppressed in Egypt. They were treated cruelly, beaten unmercifully and crushed down until they could carry their burdens no longer. Millions of people are oppressed by fear; some worry about going out of their minds; some are trampled through disaster and woes; some are hurt from all sides until they feel helpless.
- Obsession with sex. Obsession is the act of an evil spirit in besetting a person or impelling him to unreasonable action. It destroys the human personality and changes the mind. Black becomes white and white seems black. A straight thing is now crooked and the lie becomes truth. It is a persistent and inescapable preoccupation with an idea or emotion. This preoccupation usually has no relationship with reality. Obsession can come through believing a lie, through jealousy, hatred or sins. An obsessed person eventually has no willpower, no strength to resist and becomes a slave. Being obsessed with sex will result in addiction to sex which will include pornography and will progress towards prostitution (paying for sex), adultery and eventually bestiality (sex with animals). Normal sex will just not be good enough anymore and alternatives will become an option to try and fill the void.
- Possession. A demon possessed person is under the absolute, total, complete jurisdiction of Satan. At this point he has no mind of his own. Satan is now the master of all that person’s thinking and doing. He has full control of that life throught his demons and evil spirits. The person is helpless. Demon possession sometimes reveals itself in forms of insanity, both temporary and complete. Many forms of insanity are the result of sexual immoralities that lies in the bloodlines.
A spirit-filled, re-born child of God can be found in all of the exceeding stages except for being possessed. A child of God can be oppressed, even obsessed, but no Holy-Spirit-filled child of God can be possessed by a demon or evil spirit, as the Holy Spirit is already in control of the vessel. However many possessed people cannot relate or respond to God due to the sexual immoralities of the generations and might need someone to stand in the gap for them, confessing on their behalf all the sins of the bloodlines as directed and guided by the Holy Spirit.
Ultimately, through premarital sex, you give the legal right to your marriage bed to Satan. If you want to break a marriage you need to destroy the marriage bed i.e. the sexual relationship between the man and wife. If there is no sexual relationship the marriage is broken. Through premarital sex Satan can cause the following, among many, in your marriage (when it eventually does happen):
- One of the partners can turn instantaneously cold towards the other once he/she said “I do”
- Miscarriages, Inability to conceive, Impotency
- Painful intercourse and/or other sexual related problems
- Infidelity, Adultery, Swinging
- Lust, no sexual contentment, no sexual fulfilment
- Can’t enjoy each other’s bodies e.g. can’t have sex without watching blue-movies and/or can’t have enjoyable sex without sex toys, etc.
People can stay in broken marriages for years - some even doing it for the children’s sake. This is not making the extent of the damage or hurt any less, on the contrary it makes it worse. Why is it that people can live together for 20 years, but as soon as they get married, their marriage might last for 2 years? It is because we have an enemy, his name is Satan and he hates anything that is healthy and good for us in God’s eyes. He will destroy the marriage bed, the marriage and he will destroy the individuals associated with the marriage in the process.
What if One Already Lost One’s Virginity?
Everyone falls into sin in some area or another. If your area happens to be sex, there is still hope. For those who have already lost that purity before marriage, God is willing to forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). All it takes is for us to admit that we have fallen short and to confess premarital sex (or any other sexual immorality) as a sin. The Lord will forgive us and restore our virginity as brand new. Accepting this forgiveness from God, we will now keep ourselves pure for marriage without having premarital sex anymore. God will never bring this up again as He washes you clean from the blemishes and defilement that comes with it.
What truly angers God is wilful sin, when you know you are sinning and keep on participating in that sin. While giving up sex may be difficult, God calls us to remain sexually pure until marriage.
Acts 13:38-39 – “Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.” (NIV)
Romans 1:24 – “Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.” (NIV)
As a child of God you fight off temptation every day. Being tempted is not the sin, but giving into the temptation is. So how do you fight off the temptation? Move out if you are living together. Do not think you are going to be strong enough to resist the temptation if you are sharing a bed. You won’t! The desire to have sex can be very strong, especially if you have already had sex. It is only by relying on God for strength that you can truly fight off the temptation to have sex (1 Corinthians 10:13).
“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” (NIV)
If you want to make it easier for yourself it might mean that you need to break certain friendships that are bad for you. Sometimes you need to move away – whatever it takes is what you need to do in order to get yourself to a place where you can focus on God and His perfect plans for you – plans to prosper you (Jeremiah 29:11):
“For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
What About Premarital Children?
Illegitimate children are the result of sex outside of marriage. It is so severe to God when conceiving children outside of marriage that it is punished with a curse from God Himself - called the curse of the bastard.
“A person begotten out of wedlock shall not enter into the assembly of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall his descendants not enter into the congregation of the Lord.”
A child conceived out of wedlock is a bastard even if the couple marries before the birth of the baby, as the sin of fornication was committed before the marriage. This curse applies to the child and goes down the generational line for ten generations. The root of such conception is from the spirit of lust, not out of love. God intended offspring to be created within the protection of the marriage covenant as true love involves protection and provision.
The primary outcome of this curse is that those people being born out of wedlock are not allowed to enter the assembly of the Lord resulting in them being unable to build a close relationship with God the Father. They will find it impossible to grow in faith and to reach full spiritual maturity if this curse is not dealt with. They will most probably find it difficult to hear God’s voice in their spiritual life and will end up being a drifter with no direction or desire to please God. The spirit of lust among many will also follow this child causing rejection, bitterness and rebellion.
Most babies conceived as bastards are not wanted by one or both of the parents. The child possibly will have excessive problems with rejection, lust, anger, hate, envy and jealousy. Many are unsettled, irresponsible and have difficulty in maintaining a steady job, church membership or staying in a marriage. Not all persons are affected in the same way and with the same intensity. The vagabond curse with its wandering and run-away attributes is very common in bastards. Having an intimate relationship, getting along with co-workers, sexual impurity and sexual lust, alcohol and drug use, fascination with crime, the occult and witchcraft are noted in many cases. Spirits of Jezebel, Ahab, automatic failure, self-hatred and CDS (compulsive disorder syndrome) may be present. The person may function in either of two extremes – confrontational or withdrawn (refusing to handle situations).
People conceived out of wedlock will most likely have their own illegitimate children. This curse ensures that the legal right given to Satan in the original act/sin will be continued and renewed by every generation, by bringing forth more bastards and it will progress in intensity and multiplicity until someone confesses the sin, receive forgiveness and breaks this curse.
In most of the cases one or both parents will consider abortion, which in turn will open up a whole new can of worms. Some children, conceived out of wedlock, “know” in the womb that they are not wanted when abortion is attempted or even considered. The spirit of murder will enter at this time and they will become hardened in their hearts and have difficulty in giving and receiving love. Many will even choose a mate who is unable to give or receive love (spirit of coldness). The abortion (attempted or considered) needs to be brought to the Lord and confessed as sin. One needs to ask God for His healing and restoration. Forgive yourself, accept God’s forgiveness and cast out the abortion-connected demons including death, murder, self-destruction, hatred, guilt, shame etc. in the Name of Jesus.
This curse of the bastard is broken only with deep-seated repentance. Forgive yourself, accept God’s forgiveness and ask God to turn the curse into a blessing for the generations to come. Break the bastard curse in the Name of Jesus, cast out the bastard-connected demons in the Name of Jesus.
Pray for healing of the broken spirit, hurt, wounds, rejection, guilt and shame. Accept God's love, He is a good God and will not remember forgiven sin!
- DISCOVERY FIT AND HEALTH. Website. http://health.howstuffworks.com/relationships/advice/living-together-before-marriage.htm. 20 February 2014
- EVANGELICAL US. Christianity and polygamy. Website. http://www.evangelical.us/polygamy/old-testament-many-wives.html
- HUNT, K. Sex. Website. http://www.keithhunt.com/Sex4.html. 20 February 2014
- MAHONEY, K. What the Bible Says About...Sex. Website. http://christianteens.about.com/od/whatthebiblesaysabout/f/Sex.htm. 20 February 2014
- NOWLEN, N. The Bastard Curse is A Real Curse. Website. http://freeinthelordministries.com/WereYouBornOutOfWedlock.htm. 20 February 2014
- ROOT D,E.. Christian Evangelism, Healing, and Teaching Resources. Website. http://www.layhands.com/IsPremaritalSexASin.htm. 22 January 2009.
- RWNicholson.com. Pedophilia. Website. http://www.rwnicholson.com/Pedophilia.htm. 23 September 2008
- SUMRALL, L. 1979. Demons, The Answer Book. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers
- WIKIPEDIA. Dictionary. Website. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy. 20 February 2014