God’s will for His children is to live in good health and prosperity. His will is that His children do not get sick in the first place. That is why Jesus came.
John 10:10 - “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)”.
Millions of people are dying every year of diseases like heart attacks, all types of cancer and AIDS; people who could return to health if they had the discernment and knowledge to discover the real roots of the problem at hand. Other examples of classic health problems today are miscarriages, women not being able to conceive, diabetes etc.
The Brainy Dictionary defines health as “The state of being hale, sound, or whole, in body, mind, or soul; especially, the state of being free from physical disease or pain.”
The World Health Organization defines health as "A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and does not consist only of the absence of disease or infirmity."
A disease is any abnormal condition of the body or mind that causes discomfort, dysfunction or distress to the person affected or those in contact with the person. For this study the term will include injuries, disabilities, syndromes, symptoms, deviant behaviours, and atypical variations of structure and function. One of the largest and well-known categories of disease, infectious diseases are those caused by transmissible infectious agents such as bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses, and prions. Closely related (though not infectious) diseases in the strictest sense are parasitic diseases caused by protozoa and worms.
There are also:
- genetic diseases caused by the presence or absence of genes in the affected person's DNA;
- toxic diseases caused by exposure to environmental toxins such as heavy metals;
- nutritional diseases caused by lack or deficiency in certain nutrients;
- conditions caused by injury, malformation, or disuse of parts of the body;
- autoimmune diseases caused by immune system attacks on the body's own tissue;
- diseases caused by the patient's own beliefs;
- diseases caused by combinations of these,
- and totally unknown causes.
The purpose of this study is to look into spiritual roots which could cause physical diseases and illnesses. Note that there is no definite guideline to be laid down to assist in identifying the roots. Each problem needs to be studied individually. However God did give us His Spirit to help us in discernment and guidance of these day to day challenges. When it comes to identifying the causes or roots of diseases two distinct categories can be recognized:
1. Physical influences:
Daily intake of the wrong kind of foods; shortage of exercise; drugs and chemicals.People are exposed daily to drugs and chemicals that suppress brain function and clarity of thought. These among others include Aspartame, Prozac, Ritalin and Fluoride. Not enough exercise and bad eating habits such as too much sugar, junk food etc. can also be the cause of many health problems. For the purpose of this study this will not be explored.
2. Spiritual influences (For the purpose of this study this will be explored further):
- Heart sins - The Bible is clear when it states that whatever you sow, you will reap. For every action there will be reaction. Heart sins are not the ones seen with the eye or heard with the ear but are hidden within the heart of a person and drives the persons intentions and motivations e.g. unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy, hatred etc.
- Curses – any person (including oneself) speaking death over ones life and family (knowingly or unknowingly) can bring on harm to a person.
- Occultic practices and influences – Diseases can be caused by ones own involvement in the occult or can be caused by other people’s actions whether through direct or indirect involvement with the occult. Including people that are active in the occult executing white or black witchcraft with the primary aim to influence another person’s life for the good or bad e.g. Satanists, new agers, occultist, etc.
- Bloodlines – the legal right through the bloodline can bring on disease and illness on a person or family.
- Other e.g. trauma, rejection etc.
Disobedience is the most common problem with God’s children today. The tendency will always be to do one own thing and not consider the consequences. It must be a deliberate decision to follow God’s commandments not because we have to but because we know that God gave it to us to guide and protect us.
Examples of disobedience in the Bible:
- Deuteronomy 28 s one of the best known scriptures today when it comes to blessings and curses due to obedience.
15 “But if you refuse to listen to the LORD your God and do not obey all the commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come and overwhelm you: …
20 “The LORD himself will send on you curses, confusion, and frustration in everything you do, until at last you are completely destroyed for doing evil and abandoning me.
21 The LORD will afflict you with diseases until none of you are left in the land you are about to enter and occupy.
22 The LORD will strike you with wasting diseases, fever, and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, and with blight and mildew. These disasters will pursue you until you die.
23 The skies above will be as unyielding as bronze, and the earth beneath will be as hard as iron.
27 “The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, scurvy, and the itch, from which you cannot be cured.
28 The LORD will strike you with madness, blindness, and panic.
34 You will go mad because of all the tragedy you see around you.
35 The LORD will cover your knees and legs with incurable boils. In fact, you will be covered from head to foot.
58 “If you refuse to obey all the words of instruction that are written in this book, and if you do not fear the glorious and awesome name of the LORD your God,
59 then the LORD will overwhelm you and your children with indescribable plagues. These plagues will be intense and without relief, making you miserable and unbearably sick.
60 He will afflict you with all the diseases of Egypt that you feared so much, and you will have no relief.
61 The LORD will afflict you with every sickness and plague there is, even those not mentioned in this Book of Instruction, until you are destroyed.
- Carrying of the ark - 2 Samuel 6:6-7: The instruction of carrying the ark was that no person should touch it if they were not from Levy decent.
6 But when they arrived at the threshing floor of Nacon, the oxen stumbled, and Uzzah reached out his hand and steadied the Ark of God.
7 Then the Lord’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and God struck him dead because of this.
2. Dishoners Parents
Exodus 20:12 - Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
3. Fear, Stress and Anxiety
Fear is an unpleasant feeling of perceived risk or danger, real or not. Fear also could be described as a feeling of extreme dislike to some conditions or objects, such as: fear of darkness, fear of ghosts, etc. It is one of the basic emotions . Fear inside a person has degrees and it's different from one person to another (sometimes it could lead to phobia) and if it's not properly handled could lead to social and health problems. Fear can be described by different terms in accordance with its relative degrees - terror, fright, paranoia, horror, or even a persecution complex. Someone in fear might loose consciousness of mind and might do stupid and dangerous acts. Fear can also be used as a powerful weapon, manipulating people in doing certain actions.
Anxiety, stress, fear, phobia and tension are often used interchangeable to describe one of this century’s most common problems. Anxiety has been called the official emotion of our age, the bases of all neuroses, and the most pervasive psychological phenomenon of our time. Anxiety is an inner feeling of apprehension, uneasiness, concern, worry, and/or dread that is accompanied by heightened physical arousal. In times of anxiety, the body appears to be on alert, ready to flee or fight. The heart beats faster, blood pressure and muscle tension increase, neurological and chemical changes occur within, sometimes perspiration appears and the person may feel faint, jumpy and unable to relax. Anxiety can vary in its intensity and influence. Intense anxiety can shorten one’s attention span, make concentration difficult, cause forgetfulness, hinder performance skills, interfere with problem solving, block effective communication, arouse panic, and sometimes cause unpleasant physical symptoms such as paralysis, rapid heartbeat or intense headaches.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
John 4:18 - “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
Isaiah 41:10 - Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
The torturous distraction of fears and worry hinder our relationship with the Lord. They get us all tied up in knots, opening up the doorway for Satan's further attacks of sickness and diseases. Lack of enough faith and trust can reduce one's life span and help bring about an early death.
Proverbs 12:25 - An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up
Psalm 34:4 - I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones”
Anger is an emotional state, experienced by everyone, but impossible to define precisely. It occurs in varying degrees of intensity, from mild annoyance or aggravation to violent rage. Anger, openly displayed, deliberately hidden from others, or unconsciously expressed, is at the root of many psychological, interpersonal, physical and spiritual problems. Along with hostility, anger has been called the chief saboteur of the mind and the leading cause of misery, depression, inefficiency, sickness, accidents, loss of work time and financial loss in the industry. Getting angry is not a sin – Jesus also got angry with the people in the temple. But what you do when getting angry is where the problems start. Anger can cause anxiety, fear, bitterness, wrath, slander, self mutilation, suicide, and physical problems like high blood pressure, heart attacks, and headaches to ulcers. When directed at others it can include emotional, physical, cognitively or verbal abuse, vandalism and even murder.
Now the works of the flesh are … hatred… outbursts of wrath … murders, drunkenness, revelries …
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, longsuffering,…gentleness, self control
Unforgiveness is the single most popular poison that the enemy uses against God's people. Unforgiveness can cause everything from mental depression, to health problems such as cancer and arthritis. Not every single case of cancer, it is due to unforgiveness, but unforgiveness can cause cancer . Cancer comes from the devil, scientist can't explain it, doctors don't understand where it comes from; it's the symptoms of a curse.
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Jesus gave us very important commandments to follow; one of them was to love one another, as He has loved us (John 15:12). Love is the exact opposite of unforgiveness, envy, jealousy, hate, pride and bitterness. You can't truly love somebody and hold bitterness or unforgiveness against him or her at the same time.
Matthew 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents. But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made. The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took [him] by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all. And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done. Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
2 Corinthians 2:10-11
To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
When people in the Old Testament disobeyed God's commandments, it opened them up to curses. When people nowadays disobey God, it can do the same thing; it can open them up to curses.
Hebrews 12:15 - ...lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor (quarreling) and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice (malice gets into that area of hatred because of bitterness and resentment).
In English, the concept of mental bitterness comes from the idea of something that has a sharp or unpleasant taste. We speak of something being bitter if it causes grief or is hard to bear; "a bitter defeat", "bitter failure". We also speak of a "bitter loss" when someone's death has caused great grief. Then, bitterness has come to be used of those things that cause pain or grief, such as "bitter remarks" or the actions of "bitter enemies." We say "he fought to the bitter end", meaning a struggle in the last extremity. The biblical Greek words for PIKROS = "bitter" and PIKRIA = "bitterness", and other derivatives. PIKROS originally meant "sharp", or "pointed". Then it was used more generally for anything that was penetrating to the senses, something that had a pervasive smell or a "shrill" noise. PIKRA was used for the bitterness of the taste of some plants, and finally found use in speaking of personal experience when something was unpleasant, undesirable, or when something bad was unexpected. The words PIKROS or PIKRIA are used about 40 times in the Septuagint (Greek translation of the Old Testament), only rarely to refer to literal bitterness, such as the reference to "bitter" water in Exo. 15:23. Usually it is a reference to men who are (pikroi) "the bitter ones" when they are soured or cruel (Ruth 1:20; Hab. 1:6). There are seven instances of these words in the New Testament: Matt. 26:75; Luke 22:62; Acts 8:23; Rom. 3:14; Eph. 4:31; James 3:11,14.
So, in the Bible, except when it is obvious that the actual taste of something in meant, PIKRIA refers to intensity of suffering of mind and body, something that is difficult to bear, something that causes animosity and reaction, something that is brought about by hatred or antagonism.
Bible Examples of Bitterness:
- Women are bitter because they cannot have children, (1 Samuel 1:10).
- A foolish son is bitterness to his mother (Proverbs 17:25).
- Divine discipline (chastisement) of the Jewish people caused bitterness. This demonstrates the weakness and failure of the people. Bitterness destroyed the people's spiritual lives. The Jews brought on self-destruction by their bitterness (Lamentations 1:4; Amos 8:10; Ezekiel. 27:30; Isaiah. 33:7; 2 Kings 14:26).
- Slavery causes bitterness (Exodus. 1:14.3).
- Suffering causes bitterness to people who do not understand problem solving devices, principles, and give number one priority to relationship with God (Deuteronomy 32:24).
- Ridicule is a source of bitterness (Lamentations 3:14). The people ridiculed Jeremiah because of their bitterness toward him. When truth is taught, people react in bitterness.
- Consummate human pride is a cause of bitterness (Acts 8:23).
- Degeneracy is a source of bitterness (Romans 3:14).
- Cosmic involvement is a source of bitterness (Ephesians 4:31).
- Husbands and wives are a source of bitterness toward each other (Colossians 3:19).
The Results of Bitterness:
- Bitterness is antisocial. A bitter person is selfish, inconsiderate of others, withdrawn from society, indifferent or adverse to conformity with conventional standards of social behaviour. Even strangers avoid bitter people (Proverbs 14:10). No one is happy around bitter people.
- Bitterness is a sign of the fragmented life (Jeremiah 2:19).
- A bitter person rejects Bible teaching. James 3:14 says "But if you have bitter jealousy and strife, stop being arrogant and lying against the truth."
- Bitterness shows total lack of grace orientation. A bitter person does not understand the Plan of God, let alone how it affects individuals. In Job 9:17-18, Job's complaint against God. "Why does God let this happen to me", is a statement of bitterness.
- Bitterness accompanies the sin unto death (Job 21:25).
- Bitterness motivates complaining (Job 7:11, 10:1). People who habitually complain are bitter people; they have no self esteem.
- Bitterness motivates gossip (Psalm 64:3).
- Bitterness fragments other people’s lives. Hebrews 12:15 states "See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God and that no root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by it many be defiled.”
- Bitterness is self induced misery, and it produces chain sinning. Bitterness is misery to others in the periphery. But two wrongs never make a right. You cannot build your happiness on someone else's unhappiness.
The Oxford Universal dictionary defines jealousy as anger, wrath, indignation or anxiety for the preservation or well-being of something; also the state of mind arising from the suspicion, apprehension, or knowledge of rivalry. Jealousy provokes a person to anger, for jealousy is the rage of a man (Proverbs 6:34).
Jealousy can affect many areas of a person’s life. Jealousy can cause hatred. That is like committing murder. I John 3:15 states that whosoever hates his brother is a murderer. Jealousy is oftentimes tied to the sins of envy (feeling of discontent because of another's advantage) and/or covetousness (to ardently desire something that someone else has). When we nurse jealousy, and don't rebuke it, we willingly sin.
Proverbs 27:4, "Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?"
Examples of jealousy in the bible:
- Genesis 37:11 - Joseph’s brothers were jealous of him
- Numbers 5:11-31 – when a spirit of jealousy comes over a man who’s wife has been unfaithful then it will bring on a curse on the women where water will go into a her stomach causing the thigh to rot and the belly to swell.
Many Christian writings do not clearly distinguish jealousy and envy. Only a few verses in the New Testament mention jealousy, and many of these verses appear to refer to envy rather than romantic rivalry.
But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, don’t boast and don’t lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, sensual, and demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition are, there is confusion and every evil deed
Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God
The New Advent Catholic encyclopedia equates jealousy with envy. It describes envy as contrary to the golden rule taught by Jesus and contrary to the spirit of solidarity that should permeate all humanity.
The Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary defines contempt as:
- the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises :
- lack of respect or reverence for something
- the state of being despised
- willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative body
Job 31:13-14 - If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me; what then shall I do when God riseth up? And when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
Proverbs 11:12 - He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
Examples in the Bible of contempt:
- Nabal’s Contempt for David - 1 Samuel 25:10-11, 37-39
10 And Nabal answered David's servants and said, Who is David? Who is the son of Jesse? There are many servants nowadays who are each breaking away from his master. 11 Shall I then take my bread and my water, and my meat that I have killed for my shearers, and give it to men when I do not know where they belong?
37 But in the morning, when the wine was gone out of Nabal, and his wife told him these things, his heart died within him and he became [paralyzed, helpless as] a stone. 38 And about ten days after that, the Lord smote Nabal and he died. 39 When David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the Lord, Who has pleaded the cause of my reproach at the hand of Nabal, and kept His servant from evil. For the Lord has returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head.
- Michal’s Contempt for David – 2 Samuel 6:16, 23
16 But as the Ark of the Lord entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she was filled with contempt for him. 23 So Michal, the daughter of Saul, remained childless throughout her entire life.
Perhaps the most destructive attitude of all is pride. It has damned not only Satan and his angels, but also men and women throughout history. Pride is worthy of condemnation because it violates the first commandment: having no other gods before God Himself (Ex. 20:3). God alone is to be worshiped and served because His will is supreme. But pride asserts that man should take supremacy over God. God will not tolerate a usurper who attempts to rise above Him. The book of Proverbs gives us insight into how God feels about pride:
- Proverbs 21:4 -A high look and a proud heart ... are sin.
- Proverbs 6:17 -The Lord hates "a proud look.
- Proverbs 16:5 - Every one who is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord.
- Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride, and arrogance ... do I hate.
- Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
- Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low.
- Proverbs 11:2 - When pride cometh, then cometh shame.
Pride is a serious sin that is condemned repeatedly throughout Scripture. It is an abomination because it desecrates the name of God. And it also brings about destruction because the end of pride is judgment.
Examples of Judgement against Pride in the Bible:
- A prophecy about Edom -a territory southeast of Jerusalem in the desert. The city of Petra, its capital, was well fortified. It was nestled between high cliffs, and the only entrance was just wide enough for a single individual to pass through. It could be guarded by just one soldier, making it virtually impenetrable. Jeremiah 49:16-17 is a prophecy against Edom: "Thy terribleness hath deceived thee and the pride of thine heart, O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill; though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from there, saith the Lord. Also Edom shall be a desolation; everyone that goeth by it shall be appalled, and shall hiss at all its plagues." Today Petra is empty. Its destruction came when its water supply, carried by troughs that flowed down the sides of the cliffs, was cut off by its adversaries. Eventually the people had to surrender. God brought that city down from its pride.
- Daniel 4. It shows the importance of properly recognizing the sovereignty and supremacy of God and the humble state of man. That theme is capsulized in verse 17: "This matter is ... to the intent that the living may know that the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men." No man can set himself up above God. That same principle is repeated: "The Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men" (v. 25, 32). King Nebuchadnezzar finally got the message: "I blessed the Most High, and I praised and honored him who liveth forever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his Kingdom is from generation to generation"(v. 34). In Daniel 4 we see a proud man. Nebuchadnezzar was the monarch of the first of four empires that ruled his part of the world. As king of such a great empire, he became proud and set himself up as God. He had ninety-foot image of himself built out of gold and forced the people to bow down and worship it (Daniel 3:5). However when Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to do so, they were thrown into a fiery furnace (vv. 12, 20). Such was the strength of Nebuchadnezzar's ego. But in Daniel 4 God brings him down by making his dwelling among the beasts of the field and eating grass like oxen and then God gives him grace after Nebuchadnezzar humbles himself.
Miriam and Aaron criticize Moses’ wife and marriage in Number 12 and it caused Miriam to become leprous.
1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow.
11. Sexual Immorality
There are definite biblical restrictions on sexual acts which are broader called sexual immorality (Greek "porneia"). Example of sexual immorality are:
- Adultery - Sex outside of marriage. One of the sexual partners is married.
- Sexual Idolatry - temple prostitutes for pagan fertility goddess worship. Sex used as a form of worship.
- Pederasty - The practice of pederasty falls into three distinct styles. (1) the relationship between an older man and a young boy, (2) the practice of slave prostitutes, (3) the effeminate "call boy" or male prostitute. Other practices included a heterosexual male degrading another heterosexual male by anal intercourse after capturing them in battle.
- Fornication – Sex practiced outside of marriage.
- Homosexuality - a man or woman who engages in sexual activity with another member of the same sex. Such activity usually leads to an orgasmic experience. A lesbian is a woman homosexual. She usually brings her female partner to sexual climax by manipulation of the clitoris with either her finger or tongue. Latent homosexuality is the cruel and harmful term (attributed to Sigmund Freud) suggesting that some people are born with homosexual tendencies.
- Paedophilia - involves reoccurring sexual arousal and desires or fantasies involving sexual impulses toward a pre-adolescent child or children. The paedophile must be above age 16, and the sexual attraction must involve a child of age 13 or younger who is at least 5 years younger than the adult. A paedophile has either acted on these sexual impulses, or the fantasies and /or sexual arousal and impulses disturb the individual. The paedophile is sexually aroused because the child is a child, regardless of the paedophile’s sexual orientation, or the child's gender. Different types include fixated, regressed, cross-sex, same-sex, and female paedophilia.
- Beastiallity (Bestiallity) – sex with animals
- Prostitution – sex for money
Sexual immoralities can influence a person on all three levels: body, soul and spirit and can cause anything from lust, health problems, hatred, rejection, through to sexual problems, marriage problems, conceiving problems, etc.
Christians obey the precepts and statutes of the Bible because they have been justified as children of God. They do not obey them in order to be justified. What the Bible has to say:
- Looking on a woman lustfully is adulterous. Matthew 5:27-28: "You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart"
- Put to death sexual immorality. Colossians 3:5-7: "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived"
- Sexual sins come from the heart. Matthew 115:19-20: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man ‘unclean’; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him ‘unclean'"
- Sexual immorality, including premarital sex (fornication), is described in detail as sin against God and your body, the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:12-20).
- The sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"
- Homosexuality is a sin. Whenever the Lord Jesus Christ talks about human sexuality He uses the original creation of man as a point of reference. Matthews 19:4 “Haven't you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female”. God makes it clear that homosexuality is so serious that it warrants the maximum penalty: Leviticus 20:13 states “If a man lies with a male as if he were a woman, both men have committed an offence (something perverse, unnatural, abhorrent, and detestable); they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
Sexual problems are problems relating to the sex act. Problems could include not being sexually fulfilled; not being able to perform the sex act, pain experienced during the sex act, not sexually being aroused by your spouse, frigidity etc. Sexual related problems include menstrual problems, erection problems, not being able to conceive, masterbation, pornography, etc. Sexual problems could be the cause of:
- Medical problems (physical inabilities or deformities)
- Exposure of the baby during pregnancy to attempted abortion, rejection, verbalised hatred etc. can bring on later in life onto the person self rejection, self hatred, self bitterness, suicide tendencies etc.
- Birth trauma: during difficult or prolonged birth, physical trauma may result in fine tearing of the tissues inside the baby's abdomen. Birth trauma may also result in misalignment of the cranial bones, misalignment of the spinal bones and misalignment of the hip bones, causing pain and digestion problems during the first months of baby's life. Those problems may affect baby's health immediately or later, affecting digestion, elimination, immunity, endocrine system, concentration, learning ability and sexuality. Also birth trauma can cause the mother not to be able to bond with the baby straight after birth which in turn can bring on rejection and intimacy problems etc.
- Mental attitude, stress, suppression, negative thoughts, fear, lack of love, lack joy, lack desire to live.
- Being exposed to: being raped or molested, curses, rejection, abuse, violence, attempted abortion etc.
The Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary defines a curse :
- (n) a prayer or invocation for harm or injury to come upon one; evil or misfortune that comes as if in response to imprecation or as retribution; a cause of great harm or misfortune
- (v) to use profane insolent language against, blaspheme; to call upon divine or supernatural power to send injury upon; to execrate in fervent and often profane terms; to bring great evil upon, afflict
According to the Mystical, on-line encyclopaedia of the “occult, mysticism, magic, paranormal”:
“Curses are Magic spells which are placed upon people with the intention of harming them. The misfortune intended by curses can range from illness, and harm, to even death. Curses are declared to be the most dreaded form of magic, often called black magic, and are believed to be universally used. Curses can become effective immediately or may be dormant for years. Curses laid on families have been known to have plagued them for generations. The word hex is sometimes used synonymously with curse. In neo-Pagan Witchcraft, some Witches use the term hex to designate a binding spell, which is different from a curse. A curse is the expression of desire of harm to come to a particular person. Anyone can lay a curse on another person, but it is believed that the authority of the person who lays the curse on increases its potency and makes it more dangerous. Such persons are believed to be priests, priestesses or royalty; persons possessing magical skill, such as Witches, sorcerers and magicians; and persons who have no other recourse to justice, such as women in many societies, the poor, the destitute and the dying. Deathbed curses are the most potent, since all the curser’s vital energy goes into the curse.”
Marilyn Hickey defines a generational curse as:
“An unclean iniquity that increases in strength from one generation to the next, affecting the members of that family and all who come into relationship with that family.”
There are the following types of curses:
1. Curses from God for the purpose of gaining the person’s attention and causing him to turn from his evil ways, turn to God and purify his life.
2. Curses from Satan and/or his servants with the legal right to curse;
3. Curses from Satan and/or his servants without the legal right to curse;
4. Curses from man – man either speaks life or death. Man can curse himself or another party.
Both 2 and 3 are done for the purpose of causing injury, loss, destruction and often death.
Curses can be caused by:
- Sin - Malachi 2:2: "If you will not listen, if you will not lay it to heart to give glory to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the CURSE on you and I will CURSE your blessings; indeed I have already CURSED them, because you did not lay it to heart."
- Spoken Word – Proverbs 18:21: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]”
- Tattoo - Body tattoos bring curses (Leviticus 19:28). Sorcerers often pass their powers through a tattoo on the body of a disciple or descendent.
Scripture stating the duration, effect and fruits of curses:
- Exodus 20:1-5 Curse of idol worship extends to fourth generation of great grandchildren.
- Deuteronomy 23:2 Curse of the bastard extends to tenth generation of descendants.
- Deuteronomy 28 Blessings are for obeying and curses for disobeying the Holy Bible; verses 1-14: blessings, 15-44: curses and 45-68: wrath of God.
- 2 Samuel 3:29: "May his blood fall upon the head of Joab and upon all his father's house! May Joab's house never be without someone who has a running sore or leprosy or who leans on a crutch or who falls by the sword or who lacks food."
- Malachi 2:2-3: "If you do not listen, and if you do not set your heart to honour my name, says the Lord Almighty, I will send a curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not set your heart to honor me. Because of you I will rebuke your descendants”.
- Also see Exodus 20:5; 34:7; 1 Samuel 2:30-33
Examples of Biblical Curses
1. Adam and Eve (Genesis 3)
Because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve towards God in the Garden of Eden, a curse was brought upon humanity and the world in which they lived. The Lord pronounced specific curses that were related to the serpent, the woman and the man.
- The serpent - would crawl upon his belly and enmity would be placed between him and the woman and between his offspring and hers (Genesis 3:14-15).
- The woman (Eve) - would have pain in childbirth and was placed under the authority of her husband (Genesis 3:16).
- The man (Adam) - representing humanity was cut off from the tree of life, and the ground was cursed with thorns and thistles so that man would have to toil with great difficulty to produce crops until he died (Genesis 3:17-19).
The man and the woman were driven out of the garden of Eden and God had the entrance guarded by cherubim and a flaming sword (Genesis 3:24).
The results of these curses are still existent today. Suddenly the quality of Adam and Eve's lives changed. They would not continue to have the comfort they had in the garden and in the Lord's presence. Their blessings were taken from them as their circumstances were reduced.
2. The Downfall and Destruction of Abimelech (Judges 9 )
Abimelech's, the slave woman's son, incited the lords of Shechem and killed all 70 of his own brothers in order to become ruler. The curse of Jothan in Judges 9:19-20 pronounced judgment because of this murder: “19 If you then have acted sincerely and honourably with Jerubbaal and his house this day, then rejoice in Abimelech, and let him also rejoice in you; 20 But if not, let fire come out from Abimelech and devour the people of Shechem and Beth-millo, and let fire come out from the people of Shechem and Beth-millo and devour Abimelech”.
An evil spirit was permitted to work between Abimelech and the lords of Shechem. The resulting hostility led to their deaths and the curse was fulfilled in Judges 9:57: "And all the wickedness of the men of Shechem God repaid upon their heads and caused to come upon them the curse of Jothan son of Jerubbaal”
3. The Downfall and Destructing of Ahab (1 Kings 16-22)
Ahab took Jezebel as his wife and served Baal. Ahab was extremely wicked and Israel was judged because of his sins. Elijah's prophesied a curse on Ahab, a pronouncement of judgment - 1 Kings 21:19-23: “19 Say to him, Thus says the Lord: Have you killed and also taken possession? Thus says the Lord: In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick your blood, even yours. 20And Ahab said to Elijah, Have you found me, O my enemy? And he answered, I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do evil in the sight of the Lord. 21See [says the Lord], I will bring evil on you and utterly sweep away and cut off from Ahab every male, bond and free, 22And will make your household like that of Jeroboam son of Nebat and like the household of Baasha son of Ahijah, for the provocation with which you have provoked Me to anger and made Israel to sin. 23Also the Lord said of Jezebel: The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.”
The prophetic curse was fulfilled. Three years of war between the King of Aram and Israel followed and Ahab gathered 4000 prophets to seek their counsel. The 4000 prophets prophesied victory but when Micaiah the prophet was summoned, he prophesied defeat, which made the king very angry. Micaiah revealed a vision. He saw God on his throne asking the question, "Who will entice Ahab?" Different responses were given - then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord saying, "I will entice him." "How?" the Lord asked him. "I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. The Lord responded - "You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do it." Micaiah's closing comment "So the Lord has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets; and the Lord has spoken evil concerning you.” King Ahab commanded that Micaiah be put into prison. The king went to battle in spite of Micaiah's warning - He disguised himself, but was mortally wounded by an arrow that pierced him between his armour. The king apparently bled to death in his chariot. When his chariot was washed by the pool of Samaria, the dogs licked up his blood.
4. Occultic practices and influences
The Bible condemns all kinds of Occultism with the strongest words and penalties. The Bible orders "to stone them to death", what they do is “prostitution against God", and calls them "an abomination to God":
- Leviticus 20:6,27:
"A man or woman who calls upon spirits or fortune-tellers or magicians shall be put to death by stoning; their blood is upon them... anyone who turns to mediums and fortune-tellers or magicians prostitutes himself by following them, I will set my face against him, and will cut him off from the people"
- Deuteronomy 18:10-12:
"There must never be anyone among you who makes his son or daughter pass through the fire of sacrifice, who is a soothsayer, augur or sorcerer, weaver of spells, consulter of ghosts or mediums, or necromancer (who seeks oracles from the dead). Anyone who does such things is an abomination to God, and because of such abominations the Lord, your God, is driving out these nations before you"
God commands us not to be involved in the occult: He commands man to be separate from the occult so that man and women can be His people (Leviticus 20:24-26) without distraction. Seeking occult power/knowledge is essentially soliciting the help of demons or false gods. This disobeys God’s command “You shall have no other gods before Me” in Exodus 20:3. God has told man to seek Him for everything in life. Jesus explained, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" in Matthew 22:37. This leaves no room for other “gods.” Part of God’s nature is that He desires people’s full devotion and attention – He is a “jealous” God and a “consuming fire” (Deuteronomy 4:24).
Biblical Example of Occultic Involvement:
Moses had warned the Israelites to drive all wizards and witches out of the lands they conquered or put them to death and it was known throughout the region. Saul's kingship was firmly established upon his victory at Jabesh-Gilead, after which he was proclaimed king at Gilgal (1 Samuel 11:1-15). Following initial successes, Saul soon began making a series of very serious blunders, beginning with the offering of a sacrifice, which was to be performed only by the priests (1 Samuel 13:9-12). It was this foolish and presumptuous disobedience to God that cost him the kingship, which would later be taken over by David. Saul's behaviour then further degenerated from unwise to outright insane, including ordering his military forces to go without food until they had defeated the enemy, and attempting to have his own victorious son Jonathan executed for disregarding the foolish order (1 Samuel 14:24-45). A time came where the Philistines were gathered to battle King Saul’s army and the frightened king knew he could not win but hoped he could find help. There had been a time when God had guided him, but now he had sinned against God so he could not expect a blessing from that source. In desperation, Saul turned to the witch at Endor to contact the dead Samuel for advice (1 Samuel 28:3-25) in which his doom was predicted by an apparent appearance of the dead Samuel instead of the usual familiar spirits (1 Samuel 28:4-25). Saul died during a battle with the Philistines the very next day (1 Samuel 31:1-13).
1. Secret Societies
The Oxford Universal Dictionary defines secret society as “An organization formed to promote some cause by secret methods, its members being sworn to observe secrecy. “ Many cults may be characterised as secret societies as many of their memberships, proceedings, procedures and rituals are kept secret. Secret societies are illegal in several countries. This false path created by secret societies was made appealing to men by promising them hidden knowledge, by enticing them with the allure of keeping such knowledge secret, and binding them together with severe oaths and secret signs and handshakes. Secret Societies have existed, therefore, for over 4,000 years of human history; they literally were Satan's church from the beginning. Through the ages and still today, members of the occult are taught that certain subjects were revealed to men in secret societies.
All secret societies have very specific stipulations and rules for being part of the organization and everyone associated with the organization must take a vow of secrecy bounded by conditions. If the vow of secrecy or any other related covenant should be broken by any member, curses will be released against the individaul, his or her loved ones and decendants – curses causing calamity, sickness, disceases and even death. Fear plays a very important part of any secret society. Fear keeps many people in bondange; fear of death, fear of sicknessess, fear for loss of loved ones etc. The same is applicable as for curses. The results of the secret society interaction will be dependant on what was done via rituals etc. For example in Freemasonry rituals include death and resurrection, blood oaths, phallus worship etc.; In the Knight Templar rituals include black magic, pederasty (anal intercourse, usually with a boy), Satanism, sex-worship (phallicism), sodomy etc.
2. Broken Covenants
The Oxford Universal Dictionary defines a covenant:
- (n) A mutual agreement between two or more persons to do or refrain from doing certain acts; sometimes the undertaking of one of the parties; a vow; a formal agreement; in English Law a promise or contract under seal
- (v) To enter into a covenant; to contract; to agree or subscribe to by covenant
A blood covenant is the most enduring, most solemn and most sacred of all contracts on earth. When a blood covenant is entered into, a contract is made whereby both parties covenant to give life, love and protection for ever until death parts you. It cannot be broken. Violating a blood covenant was punishable with death. The blood covenant originated from the earliest days, when God taught man and covenanting was a universal custom. It has been practiced in some form or another by many nations in existence. A blood covenant relates families forever including all their descendants.
Broken covenants can influence a person on all three level: body, soul and spirit. If can cause anything from health problems, debt, poverty, to blessings lost etc. Violating a blood covenant was punishable with death; therefore death could be a result.
Biblical Example of Broken Covenants:
2 Samuel 21:1:
”There was a three-year famine in the days of David, year after year; and David inquired of the Lord. The Lord replied, It is on account of Saul and his bloody house, for he put to death the Gibeonites.”
There was a famine in the land, and David equated that famine to the blessing or lack of blessing from God. He sought God in finding out why there was a famine. The Lord answers him "It is on account of Saul and his blood-stained house; it is because he put the Gibeonites to death" in 2 Samuel 21:1b. Many years earlier, when Joshua entered the Promised Land, the Israelites were tricked by the Gibeonites into believing they were travellers when they were actually enemies of Israel. The Gibeonites tricked Israel into making a peace treaty (covenant) with them. It was one of the first major mistakes Israel made after entering the Promised Land. As a result of the peace treaty, the Gibeonites were kept as slaves to Israel. This was never God's intention for Israel. God wanted Israel to destroy all their enemies, but they made an error in judgment that required that they honour a covenant with the Gibeonites. Saul made a decision to disregard this covenant with the Gibeonites and sought to annihilate them. David sensed there was something preventing God's blessing on Israel. As a nation they had violated a covenant made before God. Now they were reaping the consequences.
3. Psychological Fascism
The underlying theme of control will always be the manipulation of the human mind. One can only control billions of people by divide and rule – and by programming the mass consciousness (public opinion) into believing that what wants to be done is a good idea or the only option. The education system is used to indoctrinate the children today in the same way that the media and advertising is used. The simplest method of securing a silent weapon and gaining control of the public is to keep them undisciplined and ignorant of basic systems principles on the one hand, while keeping them confused, disorganized and distracted with matters of no real importance on the other hand. This can be achieved by disengaging their minds and engaging their emotions, increasing their self indulgence and their indulgence in emotional and physical activities, by using the media, schools and entertainment. Further more the people will be kept busy through work and ambition to be oblivious to them falling victim. This in turn can lead to multiple diseases and even death.
4. Mind Control
Satan also attempts to control men’s minds. He alters brain patterns through many means including back-masking records in which satanic messages can be heard. Although the conscious mind cannot comprehend backward messages, the subconscious mind can. Psychologists also found that if you place a single frame with a message every twenty frames in a film, the conscious mind cannot pick it up. But the subconscious mind can.
Meditation represents one of the most insidious techniques ever devised by Satan. Millions of people around the world blank out their minds and bring their bodies into passivity through meditations. Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Shintoists, New Agers and many other cults promote meditation.
Understanding the mind control network and its techniques is vital. A task can be given to the mind controlled victim that can be activated by a trigger. This trigger can be a word, phrase or sound which in return will make the victim perform the task. In failing so mind controlling can cause punishment in the form of headaches, migraines, physical pain etc.
Another method of mind control is hypnotism. The word hypnosis is derived from the Greek word hypnos, meaning sleep. In laymen’s language, it could be said that hypnotism is a means of bringing on an artificial state of sleep. It could be more accurate to speak of a state of reduced consciousness. Opinions on hypnosis differ widely even among experts. Dr. Paul Tournier is opposed to hypnotism because it is an attack on the human psyche. Hypnosis in the Occult can be used to make a person insensitive to pain, reduce the heart activity, cure migraines, cure phobias, make a person emit animal noises, mostly make a person do anything on instruction without recall of what happened. Mind control and hypnosis are always associated with witchcraft, magic, spiritism and similar twilight activities.
5. Psychotronic Weapons
Psychotronic weapons use psychic energy as a weapon of war also known as Psi-War. Man-made devices (Psi-generators) exist to amplify psychic energy to be used as a weapon. These devices capture and accumulate psychic energy and then release it on command. It is believed that psychotronic generators create a union between mind and matter, transforming human psychic power into a practical and controllable resource. In theory, the power originates from somewhere inside the brain, and is emitted most effectively through the eyes. Once accumulated and concentrated by a psychotronic generator the power can be released and used for multitude of purposes. This can be used as a weapon of mass mind control and psychic warfare. Lewis quotes a Russian expert interviewed for a television program who said :
“A psychotronic generator can influence a whole crowd of people. It can affect a person’s psyche, memory or attention span. A psychotronic device can cause physical fatigue, disorientation; and even alter a person’s behaviour.”
6. Magical Will
The core idea of magical will is that the name of the god or goddess embodies the very essence of the deity and that by invoking that sacred vibration, one is not only tuning into the archetypal level of awareness associated with these sacred beings, but actually attaining mastery of them. This is found in the magic of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, where focused intent enables the magician to rise through the planes of inner space, through the symbolic and mythological realms of the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. This is also found in Shamanism. Magic of this sort has a spiritual and metaphysical intent. Magicians are at the centre of their own particular universe. With their sacred formula, ritual invocations and concentrated willpower, they believe they can bring certain forces to bear; they believe that he or she can will to effect. This can include any form of illness and disease or discomfort in any form. One form of this magical will practices still today is known as the “Cabalistic ritual magic of the Golden Dawn”.
Their techniques include:
- invisibility practiced by especially the ninjas and the assassin-mystics of feudal Japan and;
- transformation into an animal form.
Exodus 22:18 - You shall not allow a woman to live who practices sorcery.
Witchcraft is the practice of performing acts (good or bad) with the aid of a spirit. Magic or sorcery is involved with nature and the basic elements of nature. The earth, wind, water and fire were crucial as were the rising and setting of the sun, the waxing and waning of the moon, and the passing of the seasons as well as the animals and plants that came and went with them.
A coven is a traditional name given to a group of witches who perform rituals and magic together. The leader of the coven is called a high priestess. She works together with the high priest but is ultimately the leader. The magic circle is at the centre of witchcraft practices. It is where rituals and magical workings are performed. The purpose of the magic circle is to concentrate the magical energy created by witches until the time when this energy can be released and directed at its objective. It is also where the deities who are invited to rituals gather. Before a circle is drawn or “cast”, the area is swept away (perhaps with a broom or participants “banishing” negative energies). The circle is cast with the athame (black-handled knife) or ritual sword in the direction of the movement of the sun known as deosil. The circle is consecrated by invoking the four elements – earth, water, fire and air. Once the magic rituals have been completed the circle is “banished” i.e. removed. A spell (ritual) is done to affect a person or future supernaturally or magically. Many types of curses can be invoked through this bringing harm to people in any form.
Practitioners of Witchcraft: Satanism, Wicca, Shamanism etc.
Sorcery is the usurping for ourselves god-like powers to manipulate reality. It is the use of supernatural power over people and their affairs. It is the attempt to get what is wanted is done through
- (1) Incantations (confessing it)
- (2) Mind Power techniques (thinking it)
- (3) Voodoo (doing a technique).
Voodoo is the African religion practicing animal sacrifice, chants and incantations. Magical practice considered to be a form of black magic but also is considered a religion to some.
Practitioners of sorcery: Witchdoctors, Shamanism etc.
Trauma is derived from a Greek term meaning “wound”. When a person encounters a traumatic experience, he/she becomes a wounded individual. Psychic trauma is defined as “an emotional state of discomfort and stress resulting from memories of an extraordinary, catastrophic experience which shattered the survivor’s sense of invulnerability to harm.” Trauma therefore is defined as a bodily and \or mental injury caused by an external agent. Because traumatic events overwhelm the ordinary human adaptations to life and involve threats to life or bodily integrity, or a close personal encounter with death and \or violence it is defined as extraordinary. Examples of incidents causing trauma: sexual, physical, ritual or emotional abuse, the loss of loved ones, motor vehicle accidents, bloodshed, murder, armed robbery etc.
Symptoms of Trauma:
- Stress is the way a person responds to what happens. Due to trauma feelings of intense fear, helplessness, loss of control and threat of annihilation can be experienced.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – symptoms are re-experiencing the traumatic events, numbing or responsiveness to, or reduced involvement with the external world and a variety of autonomic, dysphoric or cognitive symptoms.
- Other: Sleep disturbances, nightmares of the incident, recurring dreams of the incident, increased alcohol intake, marital conflict with spouse, dissociative-like states, lose interests, become detached or estranged from other people, excessive arousal - such as hyper-alertness, exaggerated startle response, guilt about surviving when others have not, trouble with concentration etc.
The Word Web online dictionary defines rejections as:
- The act of rejecting something
- The state of being rejected
- (medicine) an immunological response that refuses to accept substances or organisms that are recognized as foreign
- The speech act of rejecting
The Word Web online dictionary defines reject as:
- (n) The person or thing rejected or set aside as inferior in quality
- (v) Refuse to accept or acknowledge
Every person has experienced rejection during his/her lifetime to some extent; times when, for no apparent reason, a person turned against another or issued some thoughtless comment. Some of life's most painful rejection comes from childhood experiences. Rejection suffered in the early years often sets the tone for a person's entire life. Whenever a significant other (a parent, grandparent, or someone hold in esteem) rejects you, feelings of being unloved, unworthy, useless, or insignificant can arise. Rejection, whether by a loved one or a stranger, means that one has been hurt in the worst possible way by a person or persons from whom he/she expected sympathy, friendship, or help. Rejection sometimes can hurt very, very deeply. When feeling rejected, one tends to react in certain predictable ways. People often become angry with themselves and others and could assume that they've done something to deserve the rejection. They could grow bitter and full of hatred at the person or persons who rejected them or this could scar the person emotionally and socially for life. This in turn could cause the body to weaken and open up for diseases. Deep rooted rejection could prevent the body to fight off viruses and bacterium and could even make the body turn on itself and starting to reject it own organs etc.
Loneliness has been called the world’s most common mental health problem, one of the most universal sources of human suffering and an almost permanent condition for millions of people, regardless of race, class and sex. Loneliness is an inner emptiness that may flee after a few minutes or persist for a lifetime. Loneliness is the painful awareness that one lacks close and meaningful contact with others. It involves a feeling of inner emptiness, isolation, and intense longing. Even when they are surrounded by others, lonely people often feel left out, unwanted, rejected or misunderstood. Frequently there are feelings of sadness, discouragement, restlessness, and anxiety accompanied by a longing to be wanted and needed by at least one other human being. Loneliness can result in low self-esteem, depression, addictions, exhibitionist behaviour and physical problems as heart disease or high blood pressure.
Guilt is at the basis of much human suffering. There are two broad categories: objective guilt occurs when a law has been broken and the lawbreaker is guilty even though he may not feel guilty; subjective guilt refers to the inner feelings of remorse, shame and self-condemnation that come because of actions – it could be something that a person did, or through something that is felt as wrong or one failed to do something that should have been done. With subjective guilt there is often discouragement, anxiety, fear of punishment, low self-esteem, and a sense of isolation, all tied together as part of the guilt feeling. Studies have shown that the physiological effects of self-blame accumulate over the years: if you blame yourself for a long-enough period, your body begins to deteriorate. Guilt feelings may also arouse anxiety and self-condemning feelings of inferiority, inadequacy, weakness, low esteem, pessimism, insecurity and moral pain. Sometimes it results in self-punishment.
A bloodline can be defined as the direct line of descent or pedigree. A child will have the same bloodline as his father and mother through whom he was conceived. There are many who define the bloodlines by referring to the forefathers. Bloodlines are created through conception and do not refer to the physical blood that has been transferred from the parents to the child.
God is a generational God – we see it all through the Bible. Everything He did, He did keeping the generation in mind. Every warning, every commandment was to protect the generations. Therefore heritage and families are very important to God:
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7:
6 And these words which I am commanding you this day shall be [first] in your [own] minds and hearts; [then] 7 You shall whet and sharpen them so as to make them penetrate, and teach and impress them diligently upon the [minds and] hearts of your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.
- Exodus 20:5:
You shall not bow down yourself to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me,
- Deuteronomy 30:19:
I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life that you and your descendants may live
- Exodus 34:6-7:
“6 And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord! The Lord! a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in loving-kindness and truth, 7 Keeping mercy and loving-kindness for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but Who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and fourth generation.”
Note that every generation involved in sin then becomes the first generation of the curse causing a snowball effect and the “four” generations can turn into “twenty” generations. There can be demon transference through the bloodlines causing diseases due to legal rights.
The argument of so many Biblical scholars and Christians are that when a person becomes a Christian, he is a new creation, and the power of evil things from your ancestors are broken and made ineffective through the cross and Blood of Jesus. They say that you are no longer bound by the forefathers’ sins or their sickness; in fact, you will only invite generational curses by what you believe.
This is not true and it is a lie which Satan has been using from the beginning to keep breakthrough and healing from the children of God. Jesus died on the cross for ALL our and our forefathers’ sins and His Blood is giving us the authority over sin and over all the power of the enemy (Luke 19:17). But we still have to repent sincerely – it does not happen automatically. The blood still needs to be applied by accepting His forgiveness in return.
7. You can be healed
The beginning of all healing of spiritually rooted diseases begins when you make your peace with God, and accept His love once and for all, accepting yourself and accepting others. If these three things are not in place and in right standing with each other, healing will not come.
God Himself can cause discomfort in His children’s lives to draw then to Him.
2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
The challenge still remains to be able to identify where the root of the physical disease or illness sits.
Dominion over Satan is every Christian’s right as a result of the Blood of Jesus Christ. A Christian who exercises dominion knows how to appropriate the fullness of God’s provision for discipleship. He lives a victorious life above and beyond fear and phobias, superstitions and evil curses. He is radiant and forceful in Christ.
God allowed the Israelites to face diseases and sickness when they disobeyed Him (Deut 28:58-61), and when they would turn back to Him, He would heal their land and take sickness from their midst (Exodus 23:25, Deut 7:15). In the New Testament, Jesus gave us two commandments (Matthew 22:37-40), and if we break those, we can be opened up to curses, just as the people in the Old Testament were. Jesus never came to abolish the law (Matthew 5:17), but He did come to set us free from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13), meaning, Jesus paid the price so we can be set free from any curses we may have come under.
The blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth provides the following:
- Remission or forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28);
- Complete washing of sins (Revelations 1:5);
- Redemption (Ephesians 1:7 and Colossians 1:14);
- Justification (to be regarded as innocent) (Romans 5:9);
- Being brought closer to God (Ephesians 2”13);
- Having peace with God (Colossians 1:20);
- Being cleansed in conscience (Hebrews 9:14);
- Made holy and set apart for God (Hebrews 13:12);
- Having new boldness to approach God and ask for His help (Hebrews 10:19);
- Having ongoing cleansing from sin (1 John 1:7);
- Overcoming the enemy (Revelation 12:11).
The first step to freedom is to take responsibility for one’s life, generation and forefathers - no matter what the condition it is in. Everyone has to have a starting point. Rome was not built in one day. Once the problem areas have been identified and Satan’s strategy in one’s life and bloodline has been exposed, one can seek God’s guidance and direction in resolving the issues at hand.
Scriptures one can stand on and remind God of:
- Proverbs 3
1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
- James 5
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
8. Recommended Study
- A More Excellent Way, Be in Health, Spiritual Roots of Disease by Henry W. Wright
- Be in Health Ministries, Tony Griffiths, 082 495 5544 / 028 271 4408 ISBN: 9780967805924
- BAXTER M. K. 2005. The Power of the Blood. New Kensington: Whitaker.
- BROWN R. 1987. Unbroken Curses. New Kensington: Whitaker House.
- ChristianAnswers.Net. Fear, Anxiety and Worry… What does the Bible say? Website. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/anxiety.html. 23 September 2008
- CLARK J. 2003. Exposing Spiritual Witchcraft. Florida: Spirit of Life Publishing.
- COLLINS G. R. 1988. Christian Counselling. Vancouver: Word Publishing.
- Dictionary.com. Health.Website. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/health. 23 September 2008
- Grace Notes. Bitterness. Website. http://www.realtime.net/~wdoud/topics/bitterness.html. 23 September 2008
- GreatBibleStudy.com. Unforgiveness: Spiritual Poison. Website. http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/unforgiveness_poison.php. 23 September 2008
- HICKEY M. 1987. Breaking Generational Curses. Oklahoma: Harrison House.
- MacARTHUR J. The Rise and Fall of World Powers. Website. http://www.biblebb.com/files/mac/sg27-12.htm 23 September 2008
- Merriam-Webster. Curse. Website. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curse. 23 September 2008
- New Life Style Clinic. How to live Happy and Healthy. Website. http://www.nlsclinic.com/ 23 September 2008
- NORI D. 1999. Breaking Generational Curses. Skippensburg: Destiny Image Publishers.
- PENN-LEWIS J. 2004. War on the Saints. Pennsylvania: CLC Publication.
- RWNicholson.com. Pedophilia. Website. http://www.rwnicholson.com/Pedophilia.htm. 23 September 2008
- SHERMAN D. 1990. Spiritual Warfare: How to life in Victory and Retake the Land. Seattle: YWAM Publishing.
- STREETER M. 2002. Witchcraft A Secret History. Herfortshire: Eagle Additions.
- TheMystica.com. Curses. Website. www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/c/curses.html. 23 September 2008
- WRIGHT HW. 2005. A More excellent way be in Health. Pleasant Valley Publications.